Photo by Clarisse Croset on Unsplash

ExpAnding my Personal Learning Network (PLN)

I am excited to start connecting with educators and relevant topics happening in schools via my PLN. I started my Twitter account in 2009…wait…what!? A full decade ago. Well, it has been pretty much dormant for the last couple years so maybe things will change now. In the past, I loved being able to follow news stories as they were unfolding and have accessibility to people and companies that would otherwise be out of reach.

Well….Hello, retweet! My first Twitter post in a couple years thanks to @BCEdChat. They hold online discussions every  Sunday night at 7 pm, a great resource for BC educators . My calendar is marked and I hope to join in and view what is happening in regards to SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity) in BC.

Also, just a note to myself to check out BC Principals’ & Vice-Principals’ Association @BCPVPA on Twitter.

Below are a couple organizational tools available

Tweetdeck is an organizational tool to use once I start checking out all the hashtags and influencers on the Twitter platform. I’m not sure if I will start using it but I do like the layout and useful columns to display whatever or whomever I am following at the moment. 

Trello ~ The sticky notes of the web! Good for organizing workload or to help you know where you are at with various “to do” lists.