Meet Cocoa. Cocoa is our three-year-old husky mix from the North. We adopted her as an eight-week-old puppy from the Victoria Humane Society not knowing who her parents were, nor how big she would end up. She has grown into a 75-pound, smart, affectionate, intuitive Cocoa bean. We like to call her our northern dog with an island edge.

Now, Cocoa may not be an old dog, but she is a stubborn dog. The question is: Can we teach her new tricks? Her current rotation of dog tricks include sit, down, stay, come, shake a paw, roll over, spin around and the occasional bark on command.

As my free inquiry project I am hoping to teach her how to play dead. I will look into online sources, library, social media and any dog experts out there to help us get to our goal. I like the idea of working with Cocoa for this project because what better way to pair a busy, work-heavy schedule with a little stress-relieving doggy love.

I hope you enjoy this inquiry and feel free to join along with your four-legged pup!

I’ll leave you with this cute puppy video of Cocoa at the beach.